Feeling random again tonight. My sister moves in with us by August 5th and things are ready for her... I've been a mad woman cleaning the spare room for her, making a special cupboard in the kitchen, clearing the kids toys from the bathroom... etc. Not sure why but I feel the need to make sure it's clean (lol).
On another note I have been really frustrated lately and wanted to comment on it. Why do people think it's appropriate in *any way* to make a comment like this to someone they know (or heck, don't know)....
"Your son must be so skinny because of...
a. Your husband
b. Your husband's side of the family"
(choose one, I get either of them a LOT).
First of all, did you just call me FAT??? Hello!!! I had a *friend* do this to me the other night and I was crushed... stupid I know. I grew up skinny as a rail and wishing I could get some meat on my bones... and no I'm not kidding. My mom now admits that I looked anorexic (not something to laugh about but I certainly was not in any way.) I had three children insanely close together and yes, I have kept a few pounds on me.
News flash here though.... I am now considered an *average* size and feel good about my body. I don't love it... wish I could fix a few things for sure. I certainly don't want to get any BIGGER either by the way. I got to a certain weight after Alex that my body wanted to stay at and have gotten back there after Ariana and Camden both. I work out at the gym and I do try... I just get tired of the fat jokes and the comments from people. It really hurts my feelings and besides, if I really was fat would they be making that comment? Ugh.
Here is a photo to make you laugh... this was one of our possible engagement photos (yes, I took a photo of it... too lazy to hook up my scanner and not a clue how to do that). Sorry for the crummy photo but it made me giggle... I was so boney then! I definitely don't want to pass on the self esteem issues to my daughter, there is enough pressure today on our girls.
That's my vent/share/thought for the day... society is crazy...
1 comment:
awww hon! You look great! Don't let ppls comments get you down! THey are just jealous that you are comfortable in your own skin. Kudos to you! That will teach arianna to have a good self image. Teaching by example is the best way to go! Glad to see you are all doing well!
Post a Comment